Skip to content
Things to do before your hijama treatment
- Review the waiver, a printed copy will be available for you to sign.
- Please shower before coming and scrub your back, neck and areas where we have discussed the hijama will be performed.
- Please use a hair trimmer and clean your back/ head / neck depending on where we have discussed your hijama will be done. This service will not be provided in the clinic. In order for the cups to be firmly attached to your skin, there has to be NO hair in those areas
- Bring another t-shirt to wear after the procedure as it may stain with blood.
- Please don’t eat 3 hours prior to coming.
- If you smoke, please don’t smoke 3 hours prior to coming.
- If you are taking Aspirin or Omega 3 capsules please stop them 3-4 days prior to the appointment, or as we have discussed when I met you in the clinic.
- Please DON’T apply any oil, cream or ointment.
What to expect after the treatment
- You will feel some pain post procedure, something similar to like being scratched or burnt.
- I will check your heart rate and blood pressure before and after the procedure to make sure you are medically stable.
- I will prescribe you an antibiotic ointment with instructions when to apply if need be.
- Please avoid fish, milk and beef intake for the first day after Hijama.
- Avoid heavy meals the day of.
- Please have a empty stomach before coming, your last meal should be 4 hours before coming.
- You are encouraged to drink water after the procedure but nothing else.
- Avoid working out after the procedure
- Avoid relations with spouse one hour after procedure.
- If you have any fever, severe pain, persistent bleeding please notify me after you leave the clinic.
- Avoid taking Tylenol or Advil if there is NO fever, a little pain is expected and we want the body to react to the hijama its natural way.
- Continue taking all your routine medications post procedure.
- If your planning on travelling out of the city in the next week after your therapy, I suggest you reschedule your appointment as close follow up is needed if there are any complications.
- How many sessions will you need? Depending on what we are trying to achieve possibly 5-10 sessions. One session may not be sufficient.